Saturday 16 April 2011

My Playsuit

I did have several difficulties creating my playsuit pattern.
When I began I used the playsuit pattern block which didnt work well. 
So I used the pattern off my crop top and a trouser pattern then a dress sleeve block all of which were altered to fit in  together to create my cropped playsuit.
I also created a waistband and cuff to be elasticated in.


The fabric I've chosen to use is the exact same patchwork silk but in a gorgeous sea blue colour. There was also several problems when putting the garment together, the top hem had to be elasticated in to prevent it from gaping open. White elastic looked too harsh so I had to use black instead. Also when cutting the sleeve out I realised that I cut the unslashed one os it was tiny! Luckily I had just enough material left over to cut out the correct piece even though I had to move the piece around and crop it slightly. Never the less I am thrilled with the outcome.




 My Finished Playsuit




I really do love this garment more then my top and pants! I may even wear it myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment