Monday 21 February 2011

London!

I went to London with fellow classmates Sam, Kayleigh and Emily to do several shop reports and see many exhibitions. We were only there for two days so had to make the most of it! Camden had loads of relevant shops for my shop report and projects. One was an Indian fabric sop which had loads of patchwork fabric! I bought a pillow case to bring back and because its patchwork for my FMP and Indian is perfect for the Miss Newcastle project.

The Pillowcase I bought


My favourite exhibition though its not really relevant to any of the work I’m doing was 'The Enchanted Palace' exhibition its running right through till January 2012 so everyone has plenty of time to go and see it! The exhibition takes you on a quest to discover 7 princesses whom lived at the palace when they were still alive. Each room tells a tale and has clues to who that princess is. It was all very cynical and quite twisted but I loved it! Shame that it was the only part of the palace open to the public at the time as i was hoping to see the Princess Diana dresses collection. I learnt quite a lot from going to see this definitely worth while going if you are reading this! 
Unfortunately I could'nt take any photographs so I've had to search the internet for some and here they are.


Princess Diana dress in the room of 'The Dancing Princesses' She wore this to dinner at Buckingham Palace.

Princess Margrets Tiara she wore to her wedding. This display is also in the 'Dancing Princesses' room next to Dianas dress. I'm not 100% sure why they would be in a room titled as that.


A view of the room

Another room was Queen Victorias bedroom where she woke up at the age of 18 to find out she was to be Queen of England
The Gallery Of Dancing Shaddows. This room featured all seven princesses

The Diana portrait with two workers from a local theatre company.

A display from the room of sorrows featuring Princess Mary

A collection of leaflets, brochures and guides I collected whilst there.

No comments:

Post a Comment