Monday 14 March 2011

Creating my first outfit - Pants and Top

Once my fabric had FINIALLY arrived I got to work cutting out the trouser pieces.

My near complete trousers. I've decided to leave the cuffs till last so they can fit decent model correctly. I found the fabric easier to work with then I initially thought. I'ts worked fab!
Next was my top for this I've chosen to use a bright tangerine cotton jersey.
The pieces cut out ready to be sewn. With this fabric I did realise it tended to curl at the edges which made it difficult to sew at times.
The hood was the fial piece to be made and sewn on. With this I had a last minute change of plan and was debating weather to have the patchwork silk material on the outside. However I though it would of been a bit too much with the pants being all made up in that material so I stuck to my initial idea of having it line the hood only and not the front panels.
I did find it hard to sew the two fabrics together as they kept moving and slipping out of line.
Completed top. I've also decided to add a drawstring along the bottom for a casual feel and fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment